
I've been back at home with my family since Thursday, and it's been a much needed rest. Eating proper meals, relaxing, playing with my cat, and trying to leave all my worries back in Toronto. When I'm in Toronto I feel as though I must be in constant motion. Accomplishing things, going out, seeing people, and while at home I'm able to just stop and (finally) reflect on everything.
I don't know where my head has been this past week or so. It was as if my body and mind had been invaded and I was struggling to stay afloat despite the flooding occurring in my mind. Often I become so entranced by my own emotions, I can barely notice what is happening around me. The pain that I supposedly feel is all I can take note of and it seems to wash over me like a 5 minute summer rain. How do I take hold of myself and snap back to reality? I honestly scare myself sometimes when I do not know where all these emotions are suddenly rushing from.
It's official, I have to accept that Christmas is here whether I'm ready for it or not. My family and drove out to the country today and cut down our own Christmas tree. My house now has a lovely smell of pine needles that never fails to remind me of an earlier time. I've had a real Christmas tree every year of my life, it's something my parents insist upon. No matter how ridiculous my family can be, I'm lucky to have people who look out for me and truly care about my happiness.

No comments:
Post a Comment