I am stronger than this. I haven't worked this hard to become what I promised I would never be. One glance and it's all wiped away. I pretend I did not notice, but what is felt cannot be forgotten. Comfort, at such strange times. Insecurity, a split second later. There is not a drop of consistency to be found. Yet, what is it that I cannot seem to forget? The feeling of liberation only lasts for a moment, but I want it back for good. Where can that be found? Why are you so fucking unbelievably oblivious to those around you? This taste of disgust rolls right off my tongue. I want to take it all back. Back, back, back to the start.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Unbelievably oblivious.
I am stronger than this. I haven't worked this hard to become what I promised I would never be. One glance and it's all wiped away. I pretend I did not notice, but what is felt cannot be forgotten. Comfort, at such strange times. Insecurity, a split second later. There is not a drop of consistency to be found. Yet, what is it that I cannot seem to forget? The feeling of liberation only lasts for a moment, but I want it back for good. Where can that be found? Why are you so fucking unbelievably oblivious to those around you? This taste of disgust rolls right off my tongue. I want to take it all back. Back, back, back to the start.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment